Painted Lady Butterflies
Kit 1 - Painted Lady Butterflies
This intriguing project lets students study the life cycle of the butterfly, from larvae to chrysalides to adult. Under your students' inquisitive eyes, the life cycle will unfold. Caterpillars will feed for 7-10 days before forming chrysalides, then they will metamorphose into butterflies after an additional two weeks. This kit is designed for 12-20 students and 4-5 weeks of education and instruction.
What's in the kit?
- 4-H Butterfly Wings curriculum (grades 4-8)
- 4-H Teaming with Insects curriculum (grades 3-12)
- 1 butterfly pavilion (15”x15”x24”) – to keep the adult butterflies in
- 3 laminated sets of Painted Lady lifecycle stages
- 10 live caterpillars with artificial diet
- Various educational activities for your classroom
Reserve your kit today! Click here
Resources for this kit
Here are some additional resources and activities that can be used to enhance this classroom kit.