Kit 3 - Silkworms
This fascinating project lets students study the life cycle of the silkworm, you will receive 10 live silkworm larvae with artificial food and watch as they grow up to 10x their size. Your students will watch the life cycle as the larvae feed for a 20-30 days before forming their pupas (which you can show students how silk is made), then they will emerge into adult moths after an additional 2 weeks. This kit is designed for 12-20 students and 6-8 weeks of education and instruction.
What's in the kit?
- 4-H Teaming with Insects curriculum (grades 3-12)
- 1 critter keeper – to keep the Silkworms in
- 3 laminated sets of Silkworm lifecycle stages
- 10 live Silkworms with artificial diet
- Various educational activities for your classroom
Reserve your kit today! School Enrichment Kit Sign Up Survey
Resources for this kit
Here are some additional resources and activities that can be used to enhance this classroom kit.