2018 Leadership Washington Focus
Dates: July 15, 2018 - July 20, 2018
Time: All Day
Contact: Scott Mautte, email@example.com
Sponsor: UC 4-H Youth Development Program
Location: National 4-H Conference Center
Who can attend
Youth ages 12 to 14. Delegates must be at least 12 years of age by time of travel to participate.
You do not have to be a current 4-H member to participate. Please contact Scott Mautte at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not a current 4-H member.
Trip and Conference
2018 Leadership Washington Focus, July 15 - 20, 2018
This 5-day trip is packed with educational adventure as participants tour our nation’s Capital and learn life-changing leadership skills in a conference setting. The program will take place at the National 4-H Youth Conference Center, just one mile from the Washington, D.C. border.
At this conference 4-H delegates will:
- Build confidence in their ability to motivate and direct others in meaningful action
- Practice effective communication with others through group discussion and public speaking
- Work with others to create and accomplish goals
- Develop an understanding of their own personal leadership style
- Experience hands-on learning using the historical backdrop of Washington, D.C.
Participants are immersed in the culture and history of our nation through on-site workshops at D.C.’s most spectacular sights.
$2,200 per person, includes:
- National 4-H’s Leadership Washington Focus Conference
- Round trip airfare
- Lodging at the National 4-H Conference Center
- Most meals during the trip
- Access to the tour sites
- Transportation during the program
- Souvenir pack including: LWF bag, LWF t-shirt, and LWF water bottle
Online registration and deposit due January 16, 2018
Please see the Leadership Washington Focus event page for the full timeline of payments and required webinars to participate in this trip.