Josh S. Davy
1754 Walnut Street
Red Bluff, CA 96080
Josh Davy conducts the Livestock and Natural Resources Program for Glenn, Colusa and Tehama Counties. The program provides research and educational support in the areas of livestock, range, irrigated pasture and natural resource management. Current and future projects work to keep production agriculture and natural resources healthy and sustainable.
July 2017 became the County Director for UCCE Tehama County
SpecialtyLivestock, Range and Irrigated Pasture
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Pasture - Irrigated
- Animals and Their Systems
- Animal Management Systems
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Management of Range Resources
- Kyser, G.; DiTomaso, J. (2014). Medusahead management guide for western states. Davis, CA, University of California, Weed Research and Information Center.: 68.
- Davy, J.; Roche, L. (2014). "Plant Community Responses to Cattle Grazing in a Noxious Weed Dominated Rangeland." California Agriculture
- Davy, J.; Merril-Davies, M. (2012). Irrigated pasture grass and clover selection for areas without summer rain.
- Kyser, G.; Peterson, V. (2012). "Preemergent control of medusahead on California annual rangelands with aminopyralid." Rangeland Ecology & Management 65(4): 418-425.
- Merril, M.; Davy, J. (2012). Targeted grazing for weed control. Western Resources Beef Committee Cattle Producers Handbook. Publication #CL-544
- Davy, J.; Becchetti, T. (2011). Establishing and managing irrigated pasture for horses. University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources. Publication 8486
- Davy, J.; Forero, L.. (2011). Managing smutgrass in irrigated pastures. University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources. Publication 8473
- McCreary, D.; Tietje, W. (2011). "Tree shelters and weed control enhance growth and survival of natural blue oak seedlings." California Agriculture 65(4): 192-196.
- Davy, J.; DiTomaso, J. (2008). Barb Goatgrass. University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources. Publication 8315
- George, M.; Barry, S.http://esis.sc.egov.usda.gov/. (2008). "Coastal Clayey Ecological Site Description (R015XI020CA)." Ecological Site Information System from
- George, M.; Becchetti, T.http://esis.sc.egov.usda.gov/. (2008). "Gravelly Fine Loam Ecological Site Description (R015XI022CA)." Ecological Site Information System from
- Hoar, B.; Bell, T. (2008). "Herd-level management and biosecurity factors associated with measures of reproductive success in California beef cow-calf herds." The Bovine Practitioner 42(2): 1-7.
- Davy, J.; Oltjen, J. (2007). Factors affecting yield of vertically integrated and direct-marketed beef. University of California, Davis. Masters of Science
- Davy, Josh S.; Oltjen, J.W. (2006). "Using pre-weaning and post-weaning variables to predict carcass quality." Western Section American Society of Animal Science (Proceedings)
- Oltjen, J.; Bradley, F. (2001). Raising animals. Small Farm Handbook.B. Faber and L. Tourte. Oakland, CA, University of California, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources. Publication 3526: 145-161.
California Agriculture Article Contributions
- Introducing cattle grazing to a noxious weed-dominated rangeland shifts plant communities
- Tree shelters and weed control enhance growth and survival of natural blue oak seedlings
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Beef Safety and Quality Assurance - Member
- Ecological Restoration - Member
- Livestock Production Systems - Member
- Oak Woodland Conservation - Member
- Rangeland Watershed Program - Member
- Weed - Member