Jan 16, 2015
In the Garden:
- Plant rhubarb, strawberries, and cane berries. Plant seeds for broccoli, cabbage, parsley, turnips, peas, radishes, lettuce, and spinach.
- This is the time to plant bare root roses, trees, artichoke crowns, grapevines, and other vines.
- You can still plant pansies, violas, snapdragons, and fairy primroses.
- Plant gladiolus every 2 weeks for a succession of blooms.
- Later in the month you can divide Shasta daisies, daylilies, chrysanthemums, and other perennials.
NOTE: Beware of digging in soggy soils. All plantings should be well-drained; the new plants might rot if soil is soggy.