- Contact Us!
- Want to Become a Master Gardener?
- Who Are Master Gardeners and What Do They Do?
- Ask a Master Gardener of Colusa County
- Eight Smart Gardening Practices
- Landscape for Your Local Environment
- Reduce Waste and Recycle
- Responsible Pest Control
- Nurture the Soil
- Conserve Water
- Conserve Energy
- Support Beneficial Wildlife
- Grow Food for Yourself and Your Neighborhood
- Down to Earth Plants for Colusa County
- Water Conservation in Your Garden & Landscape
- Gardening by the Month
- Composting - Just Add Water and Stir
- Save 10% on Publications!
- VMS: Volunteer Management System
Posts Tagged: Anax junius
Find the green darner. Trying to spot the green darner dragonfly, Anax junius--so named because of its resemblance to a darning needle--is like finding the proverbial needle in a haystack. But there it was, camouflaged in shrubbery on Sept. 23 in the...
Green darner dragonfly, Anax junius, in Benicia State Historical Park. (Photo by Kathy Keatley Garvey)