PO Box 180, 100 Sunrise Boulevard
Colusa, CA 95932
SpecialtyEntomology, Integrated Pest Management, Pollinators, Insect-vectored diseases, vegetable crops, soilborne fungal pathogens, processing tomatoes, muskmelons, cucumber beetle
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Vegetable Crops
- Plant Management Systems
- Insects, Mites, and Other Arthropods Affecting Plants
- Pathogens and Nematodes Affecting Plants
- Biological Control of Pests Affecting Plants
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Beneficial Insects
- Pest Management/Diseases
- Haber, A. I.; Wallingford, A. K. (2021). Striped cucumber beetle (Acalymma vittatum (F.)) and Western striped cucumber beetle (Acalymma trivittatum (Mannerheim)) (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae)". Journal of Integrated Pest Management. 12:1.
- Vinchesi, Amber; Walsh, Doug (2018). Assessing Transportation Impacts to Alkali Bees (Hymenoptera: Halictidae) and Alfalfa Seed Production in Southeastern Washington State. American Entomologist. 64:1, 52-58.
- Echegaray, E. R.; Vinchesi, A. C. (2017). "Potato Psyllid (Hemiptera: Triozidae) Response to Insecticides under Controlled Greenhouse Conditions." Journal of Economic Entomology 110(1): 142-149.
- Vinchesi, Amber; Goyer, Aymeric (2017). "Priming potato with thiamin to control Potato Virus Y." American Journal of Potato Research 94: 120-128.
Rondon, S., A. Vinchesi, A. Rashed and D. Crowder. "Wireworms: a pest of monumental proportions." Oregon State University Extension bulletin 9166. 2017.
- Vinchesi, A. C.; Walsh, D. B. (2014). "Quadrat Method for Assessing the Population Abundance of a Commercially Managed Native Soil-nesting Bee, Nomia melanderi (Hymenoptera: Halictidae) in Proximity to Alfalfa Seed Production in the Western USA." Journal of Economic Entomology 107(4): 1695-1699.
- Vinchesi, A.; Cobos, D. (2013). "Manipulation of soil temperatures to influence brood emergence in the alkali bee (Nomia melanderi)." Apidologie 44(3): 286-294.
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Pest Management in ANR - Chair
- Warm Season Vegetables - Chair
- Entomology - Member
- Integrated Management of Soilborne Pests - Member
- Plant Pathology - Member
- Vegetable Crops - Member
- Weed - Member