Alfalfa yield and quality are major factors for profitability of this crop. Problems with soil nutrient deficiency, water management, harvest management and weed control are troublesome to growers.
Areas of research include:
- Nutrient deficiency management (i.e. phosphorus and molybdenum)
Do I need to fertilize alfalfa?
- Irrigation management through moisture monitoring and crop water budgets
- Seedling alfalfa weed control:
Raptor-a new tool for controlling weeds in alfalfaLaunch Image Gallery: Raptor-a new tool for controlling weeds in alfalfa
- Weed control in established alfalfa
- Harvest management for better quality while maintaining stand vigor
- California Alfalfa Workgroup Web Site
- Cost Studies for Agronomic Crops
- UC Pest Management Guideline for Alfalfa
- Search Alfalfa Symposium Database